Saturday, March 14, 2009

Movies and Survival of the fittest

I love watching movies especially English ones. I see the whole world and interesting people with the least effort possible. Same goes for TV. Reading was my favourite before that but it reqires more involvement and time. I still love it when I am sick and thats the passtime you can have lying on the bed.
Saw a movie ..Doomsday. Made me wonder that most memorable movies I saw from the UK were related to the gloom future relating to death, diseases and mostly end of the world like Children of men, Shawn of the dead.
I now feel that always a balance is maintained in our surroundings like a carefree man has a rsponsible wife and the wildlife population is maintained by the organism above it in the foodchain. But there is nothing to restrict the human population they just go on reproducing. The Charles Dickens principle of survival of the fittest works for the human species as a whole but not for indivisual people. They are back from the hospitals with artificial organs, deadly diseases surviving on medication. I believe that their offsprings are not going to have the best of the genes. Who cares they will live with medical support and produce offspring. I am not saying people in wild forests have the best genes but physically less capable can be brilliant mentally.

Anyway, I think nature will take its step when it becomes unbearable. May be a deadly virus, climate change, war. One thing is for sure the fittest will survive who see the disaster coming or people on the winning side of the war. Charles Dickens has made the greatest observation for sure. For the record..I have the best genes and so do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment